NPR Presents is an informational calendar and ticket purchase hub for NPR hosted live events. I worked closely with a graphic designer and multiple stakeholders to architect and develop the entire stack of this project. Wordpress and the Events Calendar plugin were used as a framework upon which a custom, responsive theme was developed to provide the best possible user experience.
KidFree is a social utility for parents and guardians to swap childcare with the people they trust, using a shared, private calendar. This project is currently in a pre-alpha stage.
- Mobile clients for iOS and Android
- Shared calendar
- Easy lookup for "trusted individuals"
- Realtime event notifications
- Privacy focused
- Doesn't integrate with social networks
- Doesn't require unnecessary permissions
- Doesn't mine or sell personal data
- API: Ruby / Rails / PostgreSQL
- UI: Angular / Ionic / Cordova
- Message Server: Node.js
- Nginx proxy
Balt.io is a mobile-first classifieds web-app for tech and design professionals. I was brought on to build out the authentication system among other front and back-end development tasks.
This is an NPR project whose scope was to create a landing page for accepting contest entries, logging, and reporting them. It also served as the information and social media hub for disseminating details related to the contest. My role with this project was in provisioning servers, building out the PHP / MySQL backend, and working with an Interactive Designer to implement the mocks.
November 2014 - February 2015
- Responsive layout
- RESTful backend for form entries
- Serving daily reports to stakeholders
- Social integration
- Custom Tumblr API ingest
- PHP / MySQL / Apache
- Package management with composer and bower
- Slim, for request routing
- Hosted on AWS Ubuntu